Coming up with a title or a name for your poem or song can be tough. Whether its romantic, funny, thoughtful, sad or represents any other emotion, it can be easier with these simple tips. For ideas on how to write a title for a poem or song, read Writing titles for essays, papers or assignment
1. Write the poem or song first. It will be much easier to write the title once you already know what you said and what you want to communicate. Read through it again or skim it before working on the title.
2. What is the tone of the poem or song? If this is a serious or sad poem or song, don't be too silly or off-the-wall with your title. If it is joking song or poem , meant to be funny or a little strange, it's ok to title it in a different manner. But the title should match the tone of the song or poem.
3. Pull out a few keywords that sum up your poem or song. After you have your keywords, brainstorm some ideas around them. Do the words fit together? Are they jarringly different? Do they remind you of another word that sums up the whole idea? Spend a few minutes brainstorming. Maybe one or more of the words can be a title.
4. Avoid cliches. Your poem or song may be about love or hate, anger or sandess as a lot of creative works are, but art is about expressing those ideas in a new way that calls out to the reader. If you want to express one of those ideas in your title, then try to think of synonyms.
5. Find a phrase from your poem or song that can represent the whole word, or that is particularly poignant or thought provoking.
6. Use a startling, interesting, beautiful or surprising image that can represent the work. It doesn't have to directly reflect the work but it should be related.
7. Think of images that are the opposite of your work and think if they can be made negative to show an interesting contrast for your poem or song's title.
8. Try some clever word play for your title such as a double entendre or word or words with a double meaning that could apply to your paper.
9. Ask someone else for help if you are still having trouble. Have them read over your song or poem and ask what strikes them.
10. If there is a repeating verse,that is always another option for a title.
More information: We hope this page was helpful and provided you with some information about How to write a title for your song or poem. Check out our main page for more articles here Can U Write.